PHLEBOTOMY INSTRUCTOR CERTIFICATION (cpi)
Is teaching your passion? Do you enjoy teaching? Are you an expert in the phlebotomy field? Are you already a phlebotomy instructor? Do you want to open a phlebotomy school?
If your answered YES to any of the questions above, then you are at the right place. Phlebotomy Instructor, an independent credentialing organization, has helped medical professionals build successful careers as phlebotomy instructors for nearly a decade. Instructor certification will help you gain credibility and a strong foundation. Phlebotomy Instructor certification provides step by step instructions for starting your own business and teaching phlebotomy. Our knowledge directors will provide tutorials to help you jump start your career or business. After the completion of your Phlebotomy Instructor Certification (CPI) our directors offer unlimited mentoring to help you succeed further. We offer one-time certification fee, no yearly fees to cite or to use our materials and curriculum.
Experienced phlebotomy technicians who are ready to help others learn how to become phlebotomy technicians should consider working towards becoming a certified instructor. To earn this certification, you must:
- Meet Prerequisites
- Complete the Instructor Candidacy Process
- Pass the Instructor Preparation Course
- Successfully Teach a Phlebotomy Certification Course
Phlebotomy Instructor education programs are conducted through a network of approved training centers. Phlebotomy Instructor work with reputable phlebotomy training centers which possess appropriate training facilities and experienced medical faculty, maintain affiliation, have a qualified medical director to provide medical oversight and guidance, and are committed to developing and sustaining a quality phlebotomy training program at their center.
All approved training centers are required to use approved and certified instructors to conduct phlebotomy courses. Phlebotomy Instructor has specific requirements to become an approved instructor, as outlined below. To obtain approval, these requirements must be met.
Phlebotomy Instructor Certification Steps:
- In the United States, be licensed as an Phlebotomist, Medical Assistant, Nurse or Doctor. Instructors may not teach content or skills they are not credentialed to perform.
- Be associated with at least one approved medical training center, either as a current member of their faculty, or as an instructor candidate.
- Participate in a Certification Course as a course assistant.
- New Instructors must complete the Instructor Application.
- Take and pass the Instructor Preparation Course.
- Once you are approved as a phlebotomy instructor candidate, work with your director to prepare to teach.
- Meet any other instructor requirements determined by director.
- Teach a Phlebotomy Certification Course within six months of being approved as an instructor candidate. Be monitored by your director at your training center as you teach your initial course.
- The CPI director/your mentor will determine if you have passed or failed instructor candidacy and will submit your score along with the Instructor Candidate Evaluation to Phlebotomy Instructor Board. Upon successful completion of instructor candidacy, your status will change to Certified Phlebotomy Instructor (CPI). CPI certification and instructor card will be issued.
- Maintain your approved instructor status by teaching at least one course every six months, attending all instructor updates, as required, and maintaining current contact information with your director and our headquarters
The instructor candidacy process can take no longer than six months from the time you are approved as an instructor candidate. There is no limit to the number of times you can teach a Certification Course as an instructor candidate during your six months candidacy period. If you do not receive a passing score on the first try, you are free to try again in another course within the six months’ time frame. Due to the nature of the candidacy process, the application/certification fee is refundable only in extreme, well-documented situations.